I was told that I need to be on this board-HELLO!

Catitude100
on 1/7/10 4:17 am - Hastings, MN
I had an OPEN VBG on 11-17-09.  7 weeks ago.
I was told my type of surgery is the closest to the Realize band than any other on here (theres a VBG board but no-one uses it)

I'd like to hang arounf here, if its ok!

I am only down 25 lbs in 7 weeks, but again, I gues my surgery is closest to the band.  Ive been stuck for 2 weeks again....when am I going to lose???!!!  GRRRR!

How does the weight loss go with the Realize band....what sort of numbers do you all have at 7 weeks out??

Any advice IS appreciated!!!

Cat
Twinels2
on 1/7/10 6:14 am - Morgantown , PA
Hi CAt,
Congratulations on 25 pnds. I am pre op so I can't answer your question from experience and I am not at all familiar with your type of surgery. I can say from being on this forum for a few months that the people here are great and the will help support you in any way they can.
I have one me diet class to attend and then they will submit for insurance apporval. I have lost close to 10 pnds in the 3 month diet I been on. I didn't do so well during the holidays but, I am glad I didn't gain it all back.
My advice is mesure your waist, arms and such no moving on the scale doesn't mean you haven't made any progress. Sometimes you just lose inches which to me means more. Going down a size makes all the work worth it for sure!
Sharon

Catitude100
on 1/7/10 6:18 am - Hastings, MN
i STILL NEED TO DO THE MEASURING THING.  i NEVER HAVE.
Sorry, Caps lock was on!

How do I get my ticker to show up on my posts???  Any ideas?

Cat
livis_mama
on 1/8/10 3:25 am - Kinston, NC

You go under My Oh and click on health tracker on the left.  Then under the dates, you will see tickers & widgets, click there.  Follow the instructions to make your ticker, then make sure you click add to message board signature so it will show up when you post.  Good luck.  I just learned how to do it myself today.  So we will see here shortly if it worked....lol.

Highest- 286  Start- 280  Surgery- 268  Current- 223  Goal- 180    
donnarickman
on 1/8/10 4:52 am - Ontario, CA
What a relief!!!  I weigh everyday!!! I expect some changes EVERYDAY!!  Maybe Im expecting too much?  DUH!?  Im glad you mentioned inches because people see me and say they can tell I'm losing.  I think Im just in a "hurry".  I love this forum.  It makes me feel better to hear other peoples stories!!!

thanks guys!!

Donna

Randy Z.
on 1/7/10 8:04 pm - Charlotte, NC
 I seem to loose more inches when I am not loosing pounds, so I measure once a week and then weigh myself every day. Some say that is too much, but I don't want to wait a week if I am putting on pounds.

I am not sure if post op weight loss would be comparable between your type of surgery or not. Most Banders do not start loosing weight until after they hit their sweet spot which can be 2 to 3 months after surgery. I have a friend at work that did not hit that sweet spot for about a year. I had natural swelling around the band right after surgery, so I started out with my sweet spot, then lost it, so now will have to wait another 2 or 3 months before my fill**** that spot again.

I can say that after we do get on solid foods and add a mix into our diets we tend to either gain a bit or stall out.  After the swelling went down, I hit a 2 week stall and then in Dec, it seems like I would stall for a week, lost a pound, stall another week, loose another pound. But I did loose 4 pounds in Dec. Had my first fill, lost 5 pounds, then gained 4 back after I started on solids again.

It is hard after the mentality of  I lost 2 pounds since yesterday, to go to, I haven't lost in a week, but it is part of the natural process. 25 in 7 weeks is pretty good. I averaged about a pound a day that first month.  But in Dec, I lost only 4 pounds but lost one inch in the waist and one inch off the belly.
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

donnarickman
on 1/8/10 4:49 am - Ontario, CA
I am glad to hear this reassurance.  I am a new bander and haven't lost a pound this week.  Last week it was one on, two off, one on, etc.  I really want it to just all fall off!!!  LOL!  I feel better knowing that it's going to bounce around until I hit the sweet spot.  I've only had one fill and maybe after the next one,  more will fall off!!! 

Donna

Arlene F.
on 1/7/10 9:21 pm
Wow I think 25 pounds down is great.  I got banded on 11-23-09 and got my first fill yesterday. AND I have lost 19 pounds total.  I have been told not to use the word ONLY...it's a wonderful accomplishment to lose anything.  I couldn't even lose 5 pounds before so this weight loss is tremendous for me.

Doc put 3.5 CC's in my band yesterday to tighten it around my stomach so now my opening is much smaller and so is my pouch..so the last 6 weeks I have had NO restriction and now I do...I have to relearn...to chew, chew, chew ...sip...and remember to take my vitamins.  I see the doc in February for my next fill and my personal goal is to have lost 25 pounds by the time I see him again...It's 6 pounds but seems like a reasonable goal to me.

The band, they tell me is slower to lose weight with.  As it is only a tool and we work with the tool, it doesn't do the work for us.  Over the holidays since I was not restricted, I acted like I didn't have a band...I was lucky to lose weight...

But I am focused now and going forward with a new happy healthier New Year.  I hope you do
too.  The one thing I have leared is you have to follow the rules...

Good Luck,
arlene

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5q5YtQ/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5q5YtQ/weight.png">>

nkara
on 1/8/10 1:29 am
 25 lbs is 7 weeks is awesome!  

I have been using my band as a tool and eating till full .. sometimes I think I've eaten more than I should. Old habits die hard.  It's a process trying to figure out how to loose after WLS no matter what type of surgery it is.  Everyone who says, "just eat less", has never had a weight problem. 

Keep your eyes on us and keep posting.  We don't bite!  
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Catitude100
on 1/8/10 1:49 am - Hastings, MN
Thank you to everyone *****plied to my post!  I appreciate all the words of encouragement.  I guess I expected WL similar to RNY, but since learned that it is similar to the Realize Band.  I joined the Realizemysuccess.com website as well.  No chat rooms, but a place to log data.  I do it daily and it helps!

Thank you!
Most Active